When I first heard of the Patrons program for the Vatican Museums, my initial thought was that it was not for me. A ‘patron’ is someone with lots of money. I didn’t even look into it.
Then one day I stumbled across their website and clicked through just to see what it was all about.
I was quite surprised to see the cost and what was included. I signed up immediately.
Here are some pictures from a few of my many Patron visits along with the perks of being a Patron, notice the lack of crowds:
- Complimentary entrance to the Vatican Museums before they are open to the public. – This is especially great since I live in Rome!
- Complimentary private tour of the Vatican Museums with an excellent hand-selected official. – I’ve had tours from several of the guides and they are the best of the best.
- Access to areas of the Museums closed to the public.
- Viewing of a restoration in progress at the Restoration Laboratories. – This is such a cool thing to experience.
- Reparto Speciale tickets to the Papal Audience – These are the fancy seats.
- A visit to the International Director’s office located in the Apostolic Palace.
- Entrance into the Vatican Gardens
- 30% Discount at all Vatican Museum Gift Shops
$1,200 annually per couple or family (including children 18 & under)
$600 annually for an individual
$250 for those 35 years of age and under
It’s so worth it.
Become a Patron at Vatican-Patrons.org