This is a 500 year old pilgrimage connecting some of Rome’s most important churches. Traditionally a full day walking pilgrimage, I’ve condensed this to a half day with access to a private car – because your soul is important, and so is your time.
We begin with Mass at Saint Peter’s Basilica. Our private car will then take us to visit the tomb of Saint Paul. Next we’ll see the footprints Christ left when He appeared to Peter as he was fleeing Rome and the tomb of Saint Sebastian.
We’ll stop by the Cathedral of Rome and then pray before the relics of the Passion. Next we’ll pay a visit to several early martyrs of the Church, Saints Lawrence, Stephen, and Justin.
We’ll end our pilgrimage in front of Salus Populi Romani, the Protectress of Rome.
This is my most popular day tour.
Churches we’ll visit
- Saint Peter’s Basilica
- Saint Paul Outside the Walls
- San Sebastian
- Saint John Lateran
- Scala Santa
- Santa Croce in Gerusalemme
- Saint Lawrence Outside the Walls
- Saint Mary Major
* It’s extremely rare, but occasionally a church may have a private Mass, funeral, or wedding that prevents us from visiting. If this happens, we’ll do all we can to work around it, switch the order of churches, or substitute another church.
Some of the things we’ll see
- Michelangelo’s Pieta
- Tomb of Saint John Paul II
- Tomb of Saint Peter (but this is not the Scavi Tour)
- Tomb of Saint Paul
- Footprints of Christ
- Tomb of Saint Sebastian
- Table used at the Last Supper
- Part of the True Cross
- A nail from the Crucifixion
- Two thorns from the Crown of Thorns
- Tomb of Saints Lawrence, Stephen, and Justin
- Christ’s Manger
More info about this tour
- The total cost is just €600 – that’s total, not per person, and includes our private van and driver.
- If your group is over 6 people, we need a bigger vehicle, and the total cost goes up to €850.
- This tour lasts approximately 6 hours and begins with Mass at 7 a.m.
- Our Mass is in English at one of the many side altars in Saint Peter’s Basilica. Most of the altars do not have seats.
- If you’d like to go to confession at Saint Peter’s Basilica, I’ll be sure you have time after the Mass.
- We have an early start, but we will stop for coffee and pastries after Mass.
- This tour is not possible on Sundays or most Wednesdays.
- Shoulders need to be covered for the churches. Super short shorts are not allowed in the churches.
Customize this tour
While many people want to stick to this itinerary, I often have families wanting to substitute churches. This is your tour and we can make any changes you want.
Is this tour suitable for kids?
I get lots and lots of kids, from newborns to teens. It’s always great!
I have kids the same age as your daughters, can they join us?
They are requested a lot! As long as they are not busy, they can absolutely join us.
I’m not Catholic, will I still enjoy the tour?
Yep! I have non-Catholics and even non-Christians on my tours all the time. Some have taken multiple tours with me. A few have even converted, but that’s not a requirement. 🙂
My friend/spouse/kid/parent is not Catholic, will they be bored?
Goodness, I hope not.
Can we visit this saint/that church/etc that’s not on the tour?
Probably. Just ask.
I’ll be hungry after, what do you recommend?
After the tour we often end up at Abruzzi or Polese, my two favorite restaurants. I can make other suggestions depending on your plans.
Do you cancel if it rains?
No, that would be silly.
Check out why people say my tours were the highlight of their entire vacation.
Request this tour
Please fill out this tour request form. I’ll get back to you with my availability.